Sunday, September 01, 2013

SABAH, HERE I COME!


In 2009, I failed to land my feet on East Malaysia (Sarawak) because of work commitment. This time around, I am happy to announce that I will actually make a touchdown on that part of Malaysia. I have been to all the states in West Malaysia at least once, most of them because of chess back in my university years, but never once been to either Sarawak or Sabah. I have relatives in Sarawak, and many friends in Sabah, but the nearest that I got was that failed attempt to represent Kelantan in that year's Inter State.

This year, Sabah Chess Association (SCA) in conjunction with Malaysian Chess Federation (MCF) will hold the Inter State Team Championship at Masterskill Global College, Kota Kinabalu from 11 - 14 September 2013. I will be in one of the Kelantan teams, and we will be there to have a real go at the President Cup. Sadly, top two Kelantan players, IM Mas Hafizulhilmi and Abdul Haq Mohamed, will not be playing for Kelantan, but that will not stop The Red Knights from fighting with the spirit of all Kelantanese behind us. 




The players representing Kelantan are (in alphabetical order, not ranking):
  1. Baharuddin Hamzah
  2. Md Anis Rahimi Mohd Noor
  3. Mohd Azizul Mat Daud
  4. Muhamad Alfirdaus Md Nazir
  5. Muhammad Ariez Azman
  6. Nik Ahmad Farouqi Nik Abdul Aziz
  7. Nik Mohd Azrihan Abdul Ghafar
  8. Nik Mohd Nazri Nik Hasan
  9. Wan Mahadzir Wan Sulaiman
  10. Wan Mohd Amirul Wan Yusoff

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails