Monday, March 29, 2010

HOW DO YOU PLACE YOUR KNIGHTS?

How do you place your Knights on the chess board? I bet many of you will adjust the Knights to stare straight ahead, deep into the opponent's camp. But I personally like to put it sideways facing inwards, so that I would know whether this is the King's Knight or the Queen's Knight (useful if you want to read the descriptive chess notation). Now let's see whether these grandmasters agree with you.

1. Anatoly Karpov

Likes to put his Knights facing sideways, either both to the right or left.




2. Viswanthan Anand

Arranges his Knights to stare straight ahead.




3.Magnus Carlsen

This child prodigy likes both his Knights to face each other.




4.Fabiano Caruana

This Italian GM puts his Knights faces away from each other. Strange? Believe it!




Do any of you want to be creative enough with your Knights? Try placing it backwards, towards you!





3 comments:

iiumchessmaster said...

I won a game against BadBishops, placing the knights towards myself. Haha.. Lucky?

Ooi Boon Hao said...

interesting...can i post it on my blog?

iiumchessmaster said...

Okay. Put a credit to my blog :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails