Sunday, June 06, 2010

KELANTAN SET TO BRING SOME FIREWORKS TO PERLIS

Kelantan MSSM chess contingent heads to Perlis this morning. The players are refreshed after their 2 days rest after completing 2 weeks of rigorous training regime in Pasir Puteh. I don't know what their target is, but I'm sure they are going to defend their gold in Girls under-15 category. Hopefully they will also better their achievement in the overall standings (last year they were 6th).

Noticeable absentee - Mohd Lokman Mat Daud (picture). Widely considered the best talent from Gua Musang chosed to study in Arabic school and missed out this year's selection. Last year he was the best player for board 3.

Wan Aemellia Elisha has upgraded to Girls under-18. We will wait for her performance eagerly. But Laila Husna is still there to help the girls defend their golds.

As for me, I anticipate my padawans Mohd Alham and Nurhazirah from Tumpat to excel in their respective categories. I was told by her that she was chosen to play in individual category. Hopefully she will bring something home.

With the recitation of the Basmallah, guys, start your game!

Here was my report for last year's tournament.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails