Wednesday, January 21, 2009

KELANTAN CHESS IN BRIEF

I recently came across a blog called Bad Bishops and I found it an interesting blog giving information about chess activities in Kelantan. It has been a long time since I tried to find something like this and I applaud the efforts taken by the owner of the blog to promote chess in Kelantan. Here I will jot some interesting notes taken from the blog.

Mas Hafizulhelmi's Wedding
Our national top player currently changed his marital status by wedding a lovely lady Suziana Mohd Rawi (picture right) on October 24th, 2008. As you all know, IM Mas is currently on leave from his Petronas duties to pursue the coveted Grandmaster title. I hope that with the wife at his side, he will become stronger and more focused on the task at hand.

The Demise of Cikgu Rahman
I was shocked to learn that our beloved Cikgu Rahman has died. He was the father of IM Mas Hafizulhelmi and was a keen supporter for his son's blossoming chess career. He was constantly speaking about his chess vision, not only for his son, but to all chess players in Malaysia as a whole. But I am touched as now, he will never had the chance to see Mas gets the GM title.

Kelantan Female Chess Player Turns Deejay
The blogger mentioned several names -- wan syahrina, yusma and mumtaz (one of my chess student at IIUM) which has gone inactive from Malaysian chess scene after gracing the tournaments during their early chess activities. He claimed that one the player, wan syahrina (picture left), had become a deejay at Radio Bernama. I standby corrected if I am wrong because this material is taken directly from the blog.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails