Friday, September 12, 2008



LIVERPOOL vs MANCHESTER UNITED
Anfield, 13 September 2008
7.40p.m. Malaysian time

The most awaited fixture of the season is finally here. I can't wait to see LFC beat Man Utd at home turf. It is interesting to see how Rafa the chessmaster overcome Alex this time as he failed to do it for three seasons running (in the league, at least, as we won the FA Cup contest). No Gerrard, no Torres, Keane have to be at his very best to get through Fergie's chessmen. If I were the LFC manager, I would play the wing attack against Man Utd's tough Sicilian Scheveningen (just to stay within chess terms and territorries), pushing my g and h pawns up to shatter their defense. So, my g pawn (Albert Riera) and h pawn (Dirk Kuyt) should supply the much needed ammonition to the centre pawns (Robbie Keane and Ryan Babel) to produce the checkmate! It means I have to postpone my Terawikh prayer tomorrow night.


Robbie Keane

My line-up

GK Pepe Reina
LB Andrea Dossena
RB Steve Finnan
CB Daniel Agger
CB Jamie Carragher (c)
LM Albert Riera
RM Dirk Kuyt
CM Xabi Alonso
CM Javier Mascherano
ST Robbie Keane
ST Ryan Babel

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails