I am seriously considering an offer by Abdul Haqq about entering a chess tournament in Sarawak this coming December holidays. This is a chance for me to actually visit East Malaysia. The details of the tournament as below:
Organizers: Sarawak Chess Association and Lanang Chess Association
Date: 25th - 27th December 2009
Venue: Hotel Premier, Jalan Kampung Nyabor, Sibu, Sarawak
Format: 7 rounds Swiss FIDE-rated event
Fees: RM50 per player. Payment can be made to Lim Kian Hwa (Maybank account 111039124500). Please keep the bank in slip as proof of payment.Dateline: 15th November 2009 5.00 pm
Contact: IR Lim Kian Hwa (Ikhwa@tm.net.my), Tel : 082-203202/082-427772/016-8603180, Fax 082-425240
Term and Conditions
1. This championship is opened to all Malaysian citizens only. However, players who have represented Malaysia in the last Chess Olympiad are not permitted to take part.
2. All players shall take part in a seven (7) rounds Swiss individual event.
3. The Organizer WILL PROVIDE 3 NIGHTS HOTEL ACCOMMODATION and food for four State players of the following states: Sabah, Sarawak, Johor, Melaka, Negeri Sembilan, Selangor, Perak, Kedah, Perlis, Kelantan, Terengganu, Pahang and Wilayah Persekutuan. Other interested players shall take part at their own expenses.
4. The four state players would not be paired against each other.
5. The state players' results shall be added to contribute to the State Team standings.
6. Swiss Manager program will be used for pairing.
7. IA Hamid Majid will be the Chief Arbiter for the event.
8. Players represented the state must be currently staying, working or studying in the state and has domiciled in the state for more then six months or was born in the state.
9. All moves must be recorded.
10. Time control is 90 minutes with 30 second increments from move one
State Team Event:
1st. RM2,000.00 and trophy
2nd. RM1,500.00 and trophy
3rd. RM1,000.00 and trophy
4th. RM 500.00 and trophy
The top four winners will be sponsored by The Universal Chinese Sports to take part in the Asian Tournament which will be organized by the Universal Chinese Sports in the near future.
Individual result will be based on the following criteria:
1. Final Score
3. Sonneborn Berger
Team results will be base on the sum of the state representatives on the following criteria:
1. Final score
3. Sonneborn Berger
25 December ( Friday )
Round 1 2.30 pm to 6.30 pm
Round 2 7.30 pm to 11.30 pm
26 December ( Saturday)
Round 3 8.00 am to 12.00 pm
Round 4 2.00 pm to 6.00 pm
Round 5 7.30 pm to 11.30 pm
27 December ( Sunday )
Round 6 8.00 am to 12.00 pm
Round 7 1.30 pm to 5.30 pm
6.30 Closing dinner